Science Job Postings
Please send your job announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include contact information and closing date.
- EKU Assistant Professor of Science Education
- Assistant Manager, Lilley Cornett Woods Appalachian Ecological Research Station
- Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Recreation Leader
- Mathematics Instructor, Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
- Natural Areas Technicians, Kentucky Nature Preserves
- Geoprocessing Specialist II, Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves
- Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Seasonal Recreation Specialist, April-Sept 2019
- Kentucky Center for Mathematics Executive Director
- Olmsted Parks Biological Technician, Louisville
- Job listings for the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Americorps Service in EKU Natural Areasl
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Kentucky Science Center Job Openings
- USGS Career Opportunities
- EKU College of Education is currently searching for an assistant professor of science education, with a preferred (although not required) focus on environmental education. We hope the successful candidate will work closely with our Division of Natural Areas to assist with and conduct research related to our environmental education programming for K-12 and adults at our three field stations. The position was approved late in the academic year, but it is now posted on the Chronicle of Higher Ed and can be accessed on EKU’s HR site: https://jobs.eku.edu/postings/10156.n Closes mid-May.
- EKU Division of Natural Areas, who manages our three field stations, is searching for an Assistant Manager of o Lilley Cornett Woods Appalachian Ecological Research Station, which is an old-growth forest with a research and learning center, bunkhouse, and other facilities. This position is not yet posted, please contact Melinda Wilder, email@example.com, with questions.
- Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Recreation Leader Starts May 6 2019
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is seeking a Mathematics Instructor with the ability and desire to teach developmental mathematics, applied/technical mathematics, college algebra and calculus. This position will instruct the equivalent of 15 credit hours per semester and be responsible for: student guidance-advising activities, internal and institutional service, external and community service, professional development activities, and educational leadership. Assignment may include some evening, weekend, and/or off-campus courses. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to teaching, working with a diverse population, and the community and technical college mission. The assignment period is full-time 10 month (August-May) position. The position requires a Master’s degree in Mathematics or Master’s with a minimum of 18 hours in graduate mathematics. APPLY HERE. Closes May 30, 2019.
- The Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves is hiring two Natural Areas Technicians to assist our Natural Areas Managers improve rare species habitat and hiking trails throughout Kentucky. These are 9-month term positions, 37.5 hours per week, $12.34 per hour.
Minimum qualifications include: • At least thirty credit hours in college biology, natural resources, or related field. • A valid driver's license. • Ability to safely operate and maintain equipment such as chainsaws, string trimmers, leaf blowers, brush cutters, power tools, pump units, ATV and 4WD vehicles. • Ability to do strenuous labor and lift and carry fifty-pound objects (backpacks, etc.) for long periods of time under adverse field conditions and uneven terrain. • Willingness and ability to travel overnight for up to a week at a time (state vehicle will be provided, meals and lodging will be reimbursed). • Individuals should be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision. • Individuals with good plant identification skills are preferred. • Individuals with experience operating tractors or skid steer is preferred.
To apply, send a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Geoprocessing Specialist II, Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves. Closes March 19.
- Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Seasonal Recreation Specialist- 9 months
Schedule: Varies- must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
Duties Include: General maintenance and mowing, Trail maintenance, Invasive/exotic species removal, Habitat management and restoration, General grounds maintenance, Tree removal and pruning, Providing assistance during special events, projects, and high park visitation
Minimum Requirements: 1 year of maintenance and/or land management experience. Prior use of mower and line trimmer required; and prior use of tractor and chainsaw preferred. Experience using US Forest Service Trail Construction and Maintenance Standards or similar training preferred. Applicants must be comfortable using power tools. This position mainly works outdoors, year-round, in various weather conditions.
- Kentucky Center for Mathematics Executive Director The KCM is a statewide center housed at Northern Kentucky University that advances the knowledge and practice of effective mathematics teaching and learning at all levels throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The KCM provides significant opportunities for outreach to P-16 and adult learner communities and supports a variety of mathematics education research. Areas of special focus are P-12 mathematics learning, research, and teacher professional development.
As the leader of a dynamic collaborative effort to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics, the Executive Director is in charge of the programmatic, administrative, scholarly and fiscal operations of the Center. Primary qualifications are: a record of administrative experience that reflects an informed and collaborative approach to leading and inspiring a group of professionals in diverse roles; a demonstrated commitment to mathematics education (P-16); the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and with external agencies; experience in securing external funding and directing large projects; and effective interpersonal skills. Applications should be received by March 18 for optimal consideration. The preferred start date is July 1, 2019.
- The Olmsted Parks Conservancy is hiring a fulltime Biological Technician. The individual hired in this position will be a member of the Team for Healthy Parks and assist in exotic species removal, meadow management, planting and plant maintenance, trail maintenance, and park amenity installations. Applicants should have basic skills in plant identification, ecological restoration techniques, and equipment operation. Arborist techniques and mechanic knowledge are desired skills. More information and full job description to be published soon (This announcement dated Jan 3). Until that time all applicants can contact Evan Patrick, Natural Areas Manager, Olmsted Parks Conservancy, O: 502-456-8125; C: 606-356-4142
- The Commonwealth of Kentucky posts jobs in state agencies for scientists, engineers, health care professionals and more
- Americorps positions in the EKU Natural Areas. Serve in the Environmenal Education Leadership Corps (EELCorps) doing environmental stewardship and environmental literacy work. Details here
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Kentucky Science Center job openings: Would you like to work for an engaging non-profit committed to offering education in a fast paced and fun environment? Do you like people, hundreds of them? Bring your talents to the Kentucky Science Center.
Current openings are posted at: http://kysciencecenter.org/employment/
- USGS Career Opportunities: https://www2.usgs.gov/ohr/