Science Job Postings
Please send your job announcements to email@example.com and include contact information and closing date.
- Research Computing, University of Louisville
- Bluegrass Region Natural Areas Manager, Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves
- Biology Instructor, Somerset Community College
- AdvanceKentucky STEM Coordinator
- Environmental Scientist, Kentucky Division of Water
- Math Content Manager, Access to Algebra Program
- Assistant Manager, Lilley Cornett Woods Appalachian Ecological Research Station
- Natural Areas Technicians, Kentucky Nature Preserves
- Olmsted Parks Biological Technician, Louisville
- Job listings for the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Americorps Service in EKU Natural Areas
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Kentucky Science Center Job Openings
- USGS Career Opportunities
- Research Computing, University of Louisville. This position is responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of a complex academic research computing infrastructure, including supercomputing clusters, data storage and networking. Will work with all aspects of hardware and software systems to diagnose and resolve problems, work with vendors as required, and assist research faculty and users with operation of the systems. Closes 7/15/ 2019
- Bluegrass Region Natural Areas Manager, Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves. This position will manage habitat on natural areas throughout Central Kentucky, with a focus on rare species and communities. This is a merit Environmental Scientist II position open to all competitive applicants. Full Position Description. Applications only accepted until 6/16/2019. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Biology Instructor, Somerset Community College. Work collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to ensure the educational needs of the individual learner are met. Empower students to be fully engaged in the learning environment, promoting growth and educational development. Provide leadership to support the operation and success of courses in the division. Start date 8/1/2019. Closes 06/17/201. More info...
The position will focus primarily on Microbiology and/or Anatomy and Physiology courses in addition to teaching introductory biology courses. Must be flexible in teaching daytime and evening on any/all campuses, and through various delivery methodologies.
- AdvanceKentucky STEM Coordinator: Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), a Lexington-based independent and innovative 501(c)(3) non-profit and leader in developing and managing creative initiatives in education, entrepreneurship, disruptive R&D, economic competitiveness and workforce development, seeks a full-time STEM Coordinator to coordinate activities across AdvanceKentucky's K-12 STEM programs.
Position Summary: Support an increasing number of schools participating in the College Readiness Program, CS Initiatives, Access to Algebra, and Makerminded programs. Utilize educational background, content knowledge, and networks to engage teachers and students in STEM/Advanced Manufacturing opportunities. Coordinate activities and efforts to support growth and development of all AdvanceKentucky programs. Communicate with program partners and stay informed on current educational trends. For more information and application instructions, please see the AdvanceKentucky website. Posted May 29; open until filled
- Environmental Scientist, Water Supply Section, Watershed Management Branch of the Kentucky Division of Water in the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet. The position will work with our Source Water Protection, Wellhead Protection and Water Withdrawal Permitting programs. Interested candidates can contact the section supervisor, Chloe Brantley, 502-782-6898.
- Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), a Lexington-based independent and innovative 501(c)(3) non-profit and leader in developing and managing creative initiatives in education, entrepreneurship, disruptive R&D, economic competitiveness and workforce development, seeks a full-time Math Content Manager for its middle school Access to Algebra program. Position Summary:
Support an increasing number of schools participating in the Access to Algebra program. Utilize educational background and content knowledge to assist teachers with curriculum, classroom practice, and program implementation to dramatically increase the number of students meeting math benchmark by the time they transition to high school. Communicate with program partners and stay informed on current educational trends. Read more
- EKU Division of Natural Areas, who manages our three field stations, is searching for an Assistant Manager of Lilley Cornett Woods Appalachian Ecological Research Station, which is an old-growth forest with a research and learning center, bunkhouse, and other facilities. This position is not yet posted, please contact Melinda Wilder, email@example.com, with questions.
- The Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves is hiring two Natural Areas Technicians to assist our Natural Areas Managers improve rare species habitat and hiking trails throughout Kentucky. These are 9-month term positions, 37.5 hours per week, $12.34 per hour.
Minimum qualifications include: • At least thirty credit hours in college biology, natural resources, or related field. • A valid driver's license. • Ability to safely operate and maintain equipment such as chainsaws, string trimmers, leaf blowers, brush cutters, power tools, pump units, ATV and 4WD vehicles. • Ability to do strenuous labor and lift and carry fifty-pound objects (backpacks, etc.) for long periods of time under adverse field conditions and uneven terrain. • Willingness and ability to travel overnight for up to a week at a time (state vehicle will be provided, meals and lodging will be reimbursed). • Individuals should be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision. • Individuals with good plant identification skills are preferred. • Individuals with experience operating tractors or skid steer is preferred.
To apply, send a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Olmsted Parks Conservancy is hiring a fulltime Biological Technician. The individual hired in this position will be a member of the Team for Healthy Parks and assist in exotic species removal, meadow management, planting and plant maintenance, trail maintenance, and park amenity installations. Applicants should have basic skills in plant identification, ecological restoration techniques, and equipment operation. Arborist techniques and mechanic knowledge are desired skills. More information and full job description to be published soon (This announcement dated Jan 3). Until that time all applicants can contact Evan Patrick, Natural Areas Manager, Olmsted Parks Conservancy, O: 502-456-8125; C: 606-356-4142
- The Commonwealth of Kentucky posts jobs in state agencies for scientists, engineers, health care professionals and more
- Americorps positions in the EKU Natural Areas. Serve in the Environmental Education Leadership Corps (EELCorps) doing environmental stewardship and environmental literacy work. Details here
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Kentucky Science Center job openings: Would you like to work for an engaging non-profit committed to offering education in a fast paced and fun environment? Do you like people, hundreds of them? Bring your talents to the Kentucky Science Center.
Current openings are posted at: http://kysciencecenter.org/employment/
- USGS Career Opportunities: https://www2.usgs.gov/ohr/