Science Job Postings
Please send your job announcements to email@example.com and include contact information and closing date.
- Biology Instructor, Anatomy and Physiology, Gateway Community & Technical College
- Biology Instructor - General Biology, Gateway Community & Technical College
- Temporary GIS Geology Technician, Kentucky Geological Survey
- Environmental Scientist V. Kentucky Division of Water
- Community Education Coordinator, Martin County KY
- West Virginia Science Adventure School
- Temporary Geologist, Earth Analysis Research Library
- Research Coordinator, Headwaters Inc.
- Americorps VISTA: Kentucky Headwaters, Inc.
- Louisville Nature Center Environmental Educators
- Graduate Research Assistant in Watershed Science, Murray State University
- Director of Development and Marketing, Kentucky Science & Technology Corporation
- Job listings for the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Kentucky Science Center Job Openings
- USGS Career Opportunities
- Biology Instructor, Anatomy and Physiology, Gateway Community & Technical College. Closes July 18.
- Biology Instructor - General Biology, Gateway Community & Technical College. Closes July 18.
- The Kentucky Geological Survey is looking for a Temporary GIS Geology Technician to support the high-profile StateMap Geoframework 3D project. The successful candidate hopefully will be proficient in ESRI GIS (hopefully Arc Pro?) and familiar with stratigraphy, structural geology, and Kentucky rocks in general. The position will support efforts to convert 2D geologic information products to 3D formats and preliminary analysis of 3D geologic information. Using GIS software, the Temporary GIS Geology Technician will standardize, compile, convert and analyze geologic structure contours and fault maps, and support efforts to visualize those data in a web-service environment. Eligible applicants will have a bachelor’s degree in geology. The position is funded for one year through a Federal grant. Closes June 28, 2021. Job posting: https://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/337024
- Environmental Scientist V, Kentucky Division of Water – Source Water Protection Program Coordinator.
Closes June 21, 2021. Contact/Hiring Manager: Chloe Brantley
- Martin County Concerned Citizens (MCCC) and the Livelihoods Knowledge Exchange Network (LiKEN) are hiring a full-time community organizer to work on community development projects in eastern Kentucky. The position will be based primarily in Martin and surrounding counties. The initial contract will be for one year, with the potential to become a permanent position. In 2021-22, this job will focus on projects to improve the safety and affordability of drinking water and to document problems of heirs’ property (e.g., land that has been passed on without a will to multiple descendents)
across many counties in eastern KY. June 25, 2021 or until position is filled
- The Science Adventure School in West Virginia is hiring a seasonal STEM Instructor, Outdoor Education Guide, or Environmental Educator, August 8th – October 30th, 2021.
- The Kentucky Geological Survey is hiring a full-time Temporary Geologist at the Earth Analysis Research Library. This position is funded by federal grants through July 1, 2022, with the possibility of new grant funding to follow. The Temporary Geologist will describe rock cores and rehouse and label specimens, so we’re looking for someone with experience working with rock core and thin sections. The deadline to apply is 6/13/21. Description and application instructions
- Americorps VISTA, Kentucky Headwaters Inc., Water Quality in Letcher County
- The Research Coordinator will work on a National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) grant through the University of Kentucky (UK) that is designed to reduce exposure to disinfection byproducts in drinking water in Appalachia. The position requires tap-water testing, community education, and working closely with UK scientists and other staff to further the aims and outcomes of the NIEHS research project. This position will also require limited administrative and development-oriented work to support the operations of Headwaters, Inc
- Louisville Nature Center is hiring seasonal Environmental Educators
- The Moon Lab at Murray State University is looking for a Graduate Research Assistant to work towards an M.S. degree in Watershed Science and conduct research related to wetland biogeochemistry. The position will start in August 2021. The deadline to apply is March 25th, 2021 or until the position is filled. Email a letter of application, curriculum vitae including undergraduate GPA and GRE scores, and the names and email addresses of three references to Dr. J.B. Moon. Full description here
- Kentucky Science & Technology Corporation's Director of Development and Marketing will expand KSTC's program offerings through new grant-based funding (government and non-government) and significantly increase its income from non-government sources
- The Commonwealth of Kentucky posts jobs in state agencies for scientists, engineers, health care professionals and more
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Kentucky Science Center job openings: Would you like to work for an engaging non-profit committed to offering education in a fast paced and fun environment? Do you like people, hundreds of them? Bring your talents to the Kentucky Science Center.
Current openings are posted at: https://kysciencecenter.org/about/careers/
- USGS Career Opportunities: https://www2.usgs.gov/ohr/