Please send your job announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adjunct instructors in Chemistry, Bluegrass Community and Technical College, Spring Semester
- AAAS Community Engagement Manager, Washington DC
- Instructor in Space Science/Star Theater Director
- Geoprocessing Specialist III in the Kentucky Energy & Environment Cabinet, Division of Oil & Gas.
- Americorps Service in EKU Natural Areas
- Kentucky Center for Mathematics Regional Consultant
- Thomas More College, STEM Outreach Coordinator
- Geologist III. Energy & Environment Cabinet, Dept for Environmental Protection
- Kentucky Aerospace Industry Consortium (KAIC) Program Manager
- Kentucky Science Teachers Association (KSTA) Executive Director
- Adjunct Instructor for teaching Plant Biology Labs at Bellarmine University (Louisville):
- Environmental Education Program Director
- Math or Science/Math teacher at Rowan County Middle School
- Cartographer/GIS Specialist Pathways Intern
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory - Research Scientist
- Kentucky Science Center Job Openings
- USGS Career Opportunities
- Adjunct instructors in Chemistry needed at Bluegrass Community and Technical College for Spring Semester
We will have several daytime sections (in person) of General Chemistry I, II, and both corresponding labs available to teach in the Spring. BCTC requires a MS degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Chemistry and pays $725 per hour. If you are interested, visit the job postings website and click on chemistry.
- AAAS has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Community Engagement Manager in our Washington, DC office. This individual will be the catalyst for the NSF INCLUDES Open Forum community and work to expand the reach of the program by establishing and executing content and engagement strategies. INCLUDES is an initiative run by the National Science Foundation which aims to broaden science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) participation programs to reach underserved populations around the United States. This is a great opportunity for a strong communicator with an interest in making an impact on diversity and inclusion within the STEM fields.
- The Instructor Space Science/Star Theater Director teaches courses as needed or assigned in astronomy, space science, space systems development, and astronautical engineering. The Instructor Space Science/Star Theater Director manages the Star Theater, directs and oversees activities hosted in the theater as well as develops, implements, and manages education and public outreach activities for the Space Science Center. The Instructor Space Science/Star Theater Director supports the Space Science Center’s research and development projects and space mission operations. Details at:https://moreheadstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/8063
- Join a team of passionate environmental professionals dedicated to safeguarding the natural resources in Kentucky. The Energy & Environment Cabinet is looking to hire a Geoprocessing Specialist III in the Division of Oil & Gas.
This position performs the technical review of Gathering Lines, Flow Lines, and submitted topographic maps associated with oil and gas wells as well as maintains the Division’s GIS database. In addition, this person digitizes manually prepared maps and imports electronically prepared maps into the database; and performs the technical review for approval of well records and vacuum permits.
For more information, see: https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=2135&site=2
- Americorps positions in the EKU Natural Areas. Serve in the Environmenal Education Leadership Corps (EELCorps) doing environmental stewardship and environmental literacy work. Details here
- Kentucky Center for Mathematics has a full-time position open for KCM Regional Consultant- West Kentucky Education Cooperative. The RC (Regional Consultant) will provide support for schools associated with KCM Professional Learning Experiences. Providing support to schools will be accomplished through conducting in-person visits to schools, performing observations, facilitating team meetings, and contributing to the KCM community through events and news sharing. The RC will need to display strong leadership skills, as he/she will be leading some of our popular professional learning experiences. Exceptional communication skills and a passion for teaching and innovative learning strategies are a must for this position! The KCM works with educators throughout the state of Kentucky to evolve and sustain a school-wide culture that engages students and guides them in making sense of mathematics. If this mission is valuable to you as well, read more about our open RC position at https://www.kentuckymathematics.org/career_opportunities.php
- Half-time STEM Outreach Coordinator to lead our K-12 field trips, summer camps & related programs. For further information, please contact the Field Station Director at email@example.com.
- Geologist III. Energy & Environment Cabinet, Dept for Environmental Protection. The Division of Water seeks a candidate with a strong geological background and keen analytical skills, who would like to work with a diverse multicultural team, is a self-starter and detailed oriented, and who works efficiently with limited or no supervision.
They must have good communication and strong computer skills; Microsoft Office, Arc GIS, and database entry are a plus, and they must be prepared to work and spend long days in the field with some overnight stays away from home. Closes 8/29/18. https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=541&site=1
- The Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC) seeks a Program Manager for its aerospace industry initiative, Kentucky Aerospace Industry Consortium (KAIC). KSTC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Screening of candidates will begin immediately (posted 8/24/18).Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Kentucky Science Teachers Association is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director. The successful applicant will begin work on January 1, 2019. However, the Board of Directors is planning to make its decision in time for the chosen individual to collaborate with the current executive director during the last quarter of 2018 as planning and execution of the annual conference take place.
The KSTA executive director is a salaried employee of the KSTA Board of Directors and carries out the duties assigned by the board which are necessary to accomplish the ongoing activities of the organization. Applicants should be knowledgeable in the field of science education and have demonstrated leadership experience in professional development. Familiarity and competence with various forms of electronic communication, including social media will be seen as assets. A copy of the job description is HERE
Interested parties should send a resume and a letter of application, which explains qualifications and reasons for seeking the position, to KSTA president Patrick Goff: email@example.com. Applicants will also be asked to provide three letters of recommendation. The deadline for applications is September 10, 2018.
- Adjunct Instructor for teaching Plant Biology Labs at Bellarmine University
- Environmental Education Program Director
Job Overview and Requirements: KAEE is seeking to immediately fill a one year, grant funded position with a possible annual extension if agreeable to all parties (as funding allows). This position will be housed with the Kentucky Environmental Education Council (www.keec.ky.gov) at its Frankfort office and will lead the agency’s effort to place AmeriCorps members at organizations seeking to expand their environmental education program capacity. KAEE will be serving as the fiscal agent for this position.
This position is 100% funded through a planning grant from the Kentucky Commission on Community Volunteerism and Service (KCCVS) and will be responsible for the ongoing management of the Kentucky Environmental Education Leadership Corps.
Reports to: Kentucky Environmental Education Council Executive Director
Summary of essential job functions
· Write and oversee quality competitive grants to initiate the Environmental Education Leadership Corps and ensure program continuation.
· Coordinate advisory committee to develop the program and make ongoing recommendations.
· Recruit AmeriCorps member host sites and oversee host site applications, agreements, and reporting.
· Develop public relations strategies for the agency, including website, social media, press releases and other projects related to this program.
· Represent the KEEC and the Environmental Education Leadership Corps at professional conferences and other events to develop and expand partnerships.
· Develop AmeriCorps member recruitment materials and manage the application process.
· Assist with the development of member training curriculum.
· Provide supervision to host sites and ensure that AmeriCorps members are receiving quality supervision from their hosts sites.
· Develop an annual evaluation plan congruent with the objectives outlined in the AmeriCorps grant requirements. Develop and monitor systems for tracking outcomes and impacts of program activities.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications is required. Experience with federal grant writing and reporting requirements and past work with AmeriCorps programs desired but not required. Experience with environmental education and social media is preferred. Proficiency in AmeriCorps OnCorps or similar software is preferred.
Compensations and Benefits: Salary of $32,000. Full-time, exempt position working 40 hours per week. We believe in work-life balance and a flexible, family-friendly schedule and therefore offer compensatory time up to 120 hours for additional hours worked. 80 hours of vacation time, 96 hours of sick leave, and 12.5 paid holidays per year. Reimbursement will be given for costs incurred during work-related travel.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Ashley Hoffman, KAEE Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Immediate start date.
Questions? Contact Ashley Hoffman, email@example.com or (270) 214-0587.
KAEE is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Math or Science/Math teacher at Rowan County Middle School https://applications.education.ky.gov/KEPs/JpbDetails.aspx?vID=2017201805199
- Cartographer/GIS Specialist Pathways Intern – Lexington: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494885300
- Tech Corps part time instructors & support staff
- Wood Hudson Cancer Research Center Position Summary:
Conduct research as well as write manuscripts and grant applications pertaining to cancer research. The successful candidate should already have publications in the field of cancer research and will supervise undergraduates doing research in our laboratory as part of the undergraduate research education program.
The scientist is expected to act independently in developing his/her own ideas and to successfully complete research that will result in peer reviewed publications. The expectation is that the scientist will exert leadership in obtaining funding for research projects as well as leadership in guiding young scientists.
Salary and title commensurate with experience.
Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or a closely related field and post-doctoral training.
Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications and Experience:
- Solid understanding of the Principles of Cancer Biology. (Must have deep interest in cancer biology)
- Significant research experience
- Demonstrated, effective leadership of undergraduates
- Excellent teaching skills with patient demeanor
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent “hands-on” laboratory skills
- 4-6 peer-reviewed publications
- 2+ 1st-authored papers
- 2+ publications in a Cancer Journal
- Superb attention to detail
- Experience writing grants and papers
- Diligent work habits with an entrepreneurial spirit who likes to challenge the status quo with new ideaThis position offers a very competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefit package
5. Does science matter to you?
Would you like to work for an engaging non-profit committed to offering education in a fast paced and fun environment? Do you like people, hundreds of them? Bring your talents to the Kentucky Science Center. Current openings are posted at: http://kysciencecenter.org/employment/
6. USGS Career Opportunities: https://www2.usgs.gov/ohr/